The ACT Churchill Fellows' Association (CFA) is an incorporated association run by a management committee of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and committee members. We believe that a Churchill Fellowship benefits everyone as:
- Individuals have their skills, determination, and dedication recognised
- Organisations have the prestige of having a Churchill Fellow in their midst
- Australia benefits because the Churchill Fellow will return with skills and knowledge not readily attainable here.
We encourage everyone to think about their own skills and aspirations, and to consider applying for a Churchill Fellowship, and the Committee supports people seeking to apply, as well as new Fellows and past Fellows. Our key activities are:
- the Annual Churchill Dinner, at which new Churchill Fellows are welcomed and Churchill Medallions are presented to Fellows who have completed their reports, a brief AGM is also held.
- regular 'Churchill Chats" at which returning Fellows are encouraged to talk briefly about their overseas trips. Our next Churchill Chat is on the 19th of March and Bruce Ferrington and Dianne Nixon will report back on the 2013 Churchill Trips.
- annual Drinks on the House is our informal Christmas gathering at Churchill House, Balmain Crescent, Acton.
The current ACT CFA Commitee members are:
- Bill Caddey (President)
- Helen Palethorpe (Treasurer)
- Andrea Ho
- Amber Beavis
- Siwan Lovett
- Lisa Grant
- Jennifer Elton
- June Liu
- Peter Minson
- Peter Halsey
The committee meets prior to upcoming events and welcomes suggestions for other activities from Fellows. Please contact the Secretary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org